STC membership is handled at the national level. For more information, go to the national membership page at
You can initiate or renew your STC membership online.
If you are in Austin, be sure to specify the Austin chapter as your local community so we can get credit for your membership.
What are the benefits of being an STC member?
- Chapter activities that allow you to exchange ideas with your peers and participate in practical, job-related programs
- Technical Communication, STC's highly acclaimed quarterly journal
- Intercom, the Society magazine, which is published 10 times per year
- STC Library of Publications
- STC Annual Conference, a conference with a wide variety of educational programs, seminars, and workshops in the field of Technical Communication
- Regional and local conferences
- Employment Information to assist you in your job search Scholarships for full-time undergraduates and undergraduate students
- Research grants, to advance the theory and practice of the arts and sciences of technical communication
- International Technical Publications Competitions